Monday, May 20, 2013

Fitness... Struggle city.

Day 20, Monday: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.

I'm going to put it out there for all to see - I'm struggling with my fitness routine. And I hate it. There has been so much going on in my life that I've been skipping a lot of workouts, and my work schedule has been a bit unpredictable, so there are many nights when I get home and have missed my "scheduled" class - so I skip the workout altogether. When that happens, I generally end up sitting on my butt on the couch with a several glasses of wine, so not only am I not getting the workout benefits, I'm negatively impacting the situation even more. And I ain't proud of it. This time last year, I was at the gym five or six days a week. I was pushing hard, and I felt great. Getting my workout in and ensuring my fitness was a priority. It was great! Now, I'm convincing myself more and more nights a week that it's cool to just skip it "once." It's never once, though - it's all the time! I like having time to watch TV and hang out with my husband and relax, but I can feel the difference that my lack of workouts is having. I'm not even following my own #1 rule, which is that anything is better than nothing. All too many times in the last few months, I've settled for nothing. And I have to stop that! It's a struggle, though. Anyone else feel my pain??


Someone help me get my sh%$ together!

2 comments :

Caitlin said...

You can do it! I have those slumps too-- getting to the gym is the hardest part but as soon as you're there, it's like you're halfway through your workout! :) You'll bounce back, I know it! :)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that you are having some struggles now. Keep you head up and move forward. It will get better and remember you will always feel better after a good sweat!