So far, I have sat myself down to write in the book approximately every three months - yikes. But thank god for Instagram and Facebook because I can scroll back and remember what he was doing when, and write it under the appropriate month. Mom win!
Last night, I sat down to fill in the "when you were born..." Sections with headlines, prices, pop culture, etc. and... To be honest, I feel a little silly. I can't believe these are the things I will be telling him about 10 or 20 years from now!! What the heck are we doing? I actually had to write "Justin Beiber" in my son's baby book to save forever... Hopefully I'm not embarrassed to tell my son about these popular things later on in life. I can already see myself being 70 years old and trying to validate why the Kardashians were famous. I can't do it now, why will I be able to do it then?! Sigh.
I thought it might be fun to share what I wrote down, and see if anyone has any other suggestions. Here's what I have so far:
(He was born at the beginning of January, so I've tried to keep this answers to that time frame!)
The Cost of.... (we live in Northern Virginia, for reference!)
The big news events: Joaquin Guzman was captured, President Obama visited Cuba, Zika virus outbreak began, David Bowie and Alan Rickman died
The big world leaders: Barack Obama, Justin Trudeau, Vladimir Putin, David Cameron, Pope Francis
Some popular songs: Hello (Adele), Sorry (Justin Bieber), Hotline Bling (Drake), Stitches (Shawn Mendes), Die a Happy Man (Thomas Rhett), Burning House (Cam)
Movies on the big screen: The Jungle Book, Deadpool, Zootopia
Some favorite TV shows: The People vs. OJ Simpson, The Americans, The Night Manager, Game of Thrones
Some really famous people: Taylor Swift, the Kardashians, Caitlyn Jenner, Amy Schumer, Prince, Ryan Reynolds, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine
Some sports stars: Peyton Manning, Steph Curry, Alex Ovechkin, Bryce Harper, Lionel Messi
Best-selling books: The Obsession (Nora Roberts), The Last Mile (David Baldacci), The Lake House (Kate Morton)
Some trendy things (styles, gadgets, sayings): Flat screen smart TVs, new iPhones, Apple Watch and FitBit, Snapchat, Instagram
Any categories I should write in? What would you add to the categories above? Do you have a baby book for your child?
(He was born at the beginning of January, so I've tried to keep this answers to that time frame!)
The Cost of.... (we live in Northern Virginia, for reference!)
- A gallon of milk: $3.19
- A 2-liter of soda: $1.00
- A loaf of bread: $1.50
- A cup of coffee: $2.50 (regular grande at Starbucks)
- A gallon of gas: $1.95
- A First-Class stamp: $0.47
- A movie ticket: $10
- A newspaper: $2.00 (daily copy of the Washington Post)
The big news events: Joaquin Guzman was captured, President Obama visited Cuba, Zika virus outbreak began, David Bowie and Alan Rickman died
The big world leaders: Barack Obama, Justin Trudeau, Vladimir Putin, David Cameron, Pope Francis
Some popular songs: Hello (Adele), Sorry (Justin Bieber), Hotline Bling (Drake), Stitches (Shawn Mendes), Die a Happy Man (Thomas Rhett), Burning House (Cam)
Movies on the big screen: The Jungle Book, Deadpool, Zootopia
Some favorite TV shows: The People vs. OJ Simpson, The Americans, The Night Manager, Game of Thrones
Some really famous people: Taylor Swift, the Kardashians, Caitlyn Jenner, Amy Schumer, Prince, Ryan Reynolds, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine
Some sports stars: Peyton Manning, Steph Curry, Alex Ovechkin, Bryce Harper, Lionel Messi
Best-selling books: The Obsession (Nora Roberts), The Last Mile (David Baldacci), The Lake House (Kate Morton)
Some trendy things (styles, gadgets, sayings): Flat screen smart TVs, new iPhones, Apple Watch and FitBit, Snapchat, Instagram
Any categories I should write in? What would you add to the categories above? Do you have a baby book for your child?
No comments :
Post a Comment