How far along: 37 weeks
Baby’s size: a honeydew melon
Sleep: going downhill. I love that everyone is so encouraging about sleep and tells me to "rest now while I can!!" but in actuality sleeping is not very comfortable and not working too well these days. The sad irony of the end of pregnancy...
Loving: Christmas cookies, hot chocolate, the buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese I made to eat all week (use my recipe! it's delicious.)
Loathing: finding a comfortable position to sleep in, any pants that aren't leggings, feeling nauseated if I bend too far, my broken washing machine
Missing: around the holidays, I usually love hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps and whipped cream-flavored vodka... definitely missing that treat this year!
Labor signs: none that I have noticed but per my doctor at last week's appointment, we are "making progress" which was both encouraging and terrifying! Hopefully that is a good sign that little man won't want to hang out too long past his due date - but at the same time, I know that can mean absolutely nothing as far as actual arrival!
Symptoms: same as last week - pretty much all the usual things these days
Wedding rings: said goodbye last week :( but I do have a ring that is slightly larger that C got me for Christmas last year, and it's been serving as a good fill-in when I remember to put it on :)
Mood: I'll be honest - not the greatest lately. Reaching the point where my inability to get comfortable and do normal things makes me irritable and grouchy. I'm trying not to be the Grinch but I am definitely ready to be able to function normally again!
Husband: loved seeing the ultrasound we got last Friday - it was so cool (and weird) to see the little guy's face looking so... real!! He looks like an actual baby. Technology is amazing.
Can't wait for: a working washing machine (seriously, not having one is so inconvenient) and crossing a bunch of things off the massive pre-baby to-do list I have this weekend. Anyone want to help me clean house?... Thought not. Ha!

2 comments :
Ugh to the washing machine- hope you get one soon! And hope these last few weeks (days?!) are as good as they can be for ya. Hang in there momma!!!
You're so close! :)
Post a Comment