I have always loved peanut butter cookies, and really I don't think there is a wrong way to make them... except that they must be made with smooth peanut butter, because having crunchy bits in there just isn't right.
A few years ago, I discovered what might be the world's easiest peanut butter cookie recipe. It has just 4 ingredients, and you can have a batch baked in under 15 minutes. Trust me! This is a flourless cookie, and, I'll admit, I was skeptical when I first saw it. It doesn't seem like there are enough ingredients whatsoever to actually create cookies, but I gave it a try and was (very) pleasantly surprised by the results. One tip though: let the cookies cool almost completely on the baking sheet before you try to move them! Otherwise, they will completely fall apart on you.
![]() |
| [photo credit] |
From Clare Robinson & Food Network
Makes 18 cookies
Ingredients
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the racks in the upper and lower third of the oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until well combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten the mounds with the tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies.
- Sprinkle coarse salt on top of the cookies.
- Bake until golden around the edges, about 10 minutes, switching the position of the sheets halfway through baking.
- Transfer to racks to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.

No comments :
Post a Comment