Wednesday, October 1, 2014

currently // october

I took a mental health day yesterday and spent part of the afternoon sitting at a local coffee shop, drinking a latte and reading an actual, words on paper, book. Who does that?! It was glorious. Such a nice way to end September. I began October by running late this morning, wearing flip-flops in the rain and forgetting my jacket. Perfect!

Anywho. It's the first day of the month, and that means it's time for another "currently" link-up! I am greatly enjoying this one, because it's such a nice, simple way to transition into each month. September was not a great blogging month for me, so today I get a fresh start! Let's do it.




smelling: right this very second, coffee (thank heavens), but lately, fall candles from Yankee Candle - Pumpkin Buttercream and Autumn Leaves together, which makes for a delightful aroma.

loving: that I won't be traveling for work next week as originally planned, and suddenly have a weekend with very few plans ahead of me. Always a nice surprise!

planning: a very busy month. I keep looking at the calendar wondering how we are going to balance it all... but I know it'll come together somehow.

baking: funfetti cookies...yum. I made an amazing batch of treats last night, and I can't wait to share the recipe soon!

celebrating: October, of course. It is my favorite month, by far, and C and I will celebrate our third wedding anniversary this month, too!

linking up with Anne and Jenna  for currently - a monthly link up.

6 comments :

Lisa C said...

Enjoy your weekend! It's always good to not have plans.

Caroline {Virginia Sweet} said...

Sometimes it is just so nice to unplug even if it is just for a day! I need that in my life every once in a while! Have a great day!

JMO said...

I do love October as well! I need some fall scents in my home stat!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Are you loving Orphan Train? I did!

Anne said...

Loved Orphan Train! And happy almost anniversary! Hope you get to plan something fun to celebrate. Thanks for linking up!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

That latte looks delicious! Yum!
Happy almost anniversary! Thanks for linking up!