Second, I have a new recipe to share today! It's been a while since I had a good, solid dinner to share, and I must admit - I'm pretty excited about this one! It's an easy weeknight meal that makes great leftovers... what more could you need?
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
serves 6
Ingredients
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank's)
- 2 T Ranch dressing powder
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 1/2 box multigrain pasta (I use Barilla rotini)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Green onions to garnish
Directions
- Put chicken in crockpot and cover with bottle of buffalo sauce and Ranch powder. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, then shred with two forks. (Tip: you could easily use poached chicken or a rotisserie chicken, shredded and mixed with the buffalo sauce. I use the crockpot so that I come home to the chicken already cooked - plus I like that it sits in the sauce all day and really gets the flavor. Any method of acquiring the chicken and combining with the sauce will do, though!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add cream cheese to shredded chicken and stir to melt and thoroughly combine. If it’s a little dry, add some chicken broth or water to get it good and creamy (sometimes my chicken gets dry if I have to leave it in the crockpot longer than usual – it’ll be fine either way!)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, minus a minute or two so that it’s al dente. Drain and put back in pot.
- Mix pasta and chicken / buffalo sauce / cream cheese mixture together in pasta pot.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and pour noodle mixture into baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar and panko.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 10-15 minutes until the top is crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with green onions and a drizzle of Ranch dressing, if desired.
2 comments :
Ohhh yum! Pinning this now. Love mac and cheese! Buffalo chicken mac and cheese? Even better!
You know I love ALL things buffalo! I love this idea! I have been stuck on Iowa Girl Eat's Buffalo Chicken mac and cheese, but this seems even easier!
Post a Comment