The turkey was beautiful, the sides were delicious, the wine was flowing, and my home was full of people I adore. What could be better??
![]() |
| The proof is in the |
I'm sad to say that I didn't get a whole lot of pics from the day (apparently when cooking a holiday meal for 13, you don't have much time to photograph... hmm), and most of them are of C with the turkey... but I'm ok with it, because that definitely needed to be documented for posterity.
C's dad supervised / assisted with the carving of the turkey, and they did a great job. The following pictures are too funny to me, because C & his dad are like carbon copies - and these aren't posed a bit! Check it out:
See what I mean?! Weird. But cool!
I tried (kind of) to keep the menu "small" (by Thanksgiving standards, anyway!) but we still ended up serving a feast! Definitely made good use of our counter and table space. I was pleased to know that everyone was able to have their favorite dish, and that my team of great cooks whipped up some really yummy things. I have a few definite keepers of recipes to share soon!
| Biggest bottle of wine ever, courtesy of my uncle. My dad was a happy guy! |
| "Look like you're owning the turkey." "I AM owning the turkey!" |

1 comment :
This is awesome!!! I'm glad you had such a great day! And way to go C on man-handling that Turkey!! Also, those pictures of C and his dad - hilarious!
Post a Comment