C & I were going over to my parents' for dinner anyway, so I left my house with the intention of running to their house, taking whatever path I felt called do. I wanted to go slow and just feel it out. I followed the sidewalk, cruising in and out of courts and side streets, and turned the 1.5 mile trip to my parents' into 4 miles. I got lucky with Pandora, and some great songs came on - a few of my favorites, a few new ones, a variety of tempos. The weather was awesome - we were on the verge of a thunderstorm that never actually came, but the wind was blowing, the clouds were rolling, and the temperature was just about perfect. I didn't look at my pace or my time or my distance one single time while I ran, I just let it all go. I tuned out and listened to the words of the songs I was hearing instead of the Voice in my
I figured I was doing about 10:15/mile - instead, here's what came up when I got done:
I am better than I think I am. I am improving. I am learning things about myself as a runner. And I'm enjoying it.
~~~
Unrelated - we've been eating delicious food lately. Lots of grilling and summer foods. Yum.
| Sides: potatoes and zucchini |
| Pork tenderloin, peas, and potato salad |
| Best dessert ever: pudding, lady fingers, fresh summer berries. I die. |
| Baking from scratch |
| Courtesy of Qdoba. Every bite was delicious. |
2 comments :
You are seriously killing it lately! :) I love how running tends to surprise you in the most unexpected ways!
PS Yay for living 1.5 miles from your parents-- we do too!
I am feeling really, really good about things lately :) and can't beat living that close to the parentals! It means lots of good dines! haha
Post a Comment