Whew! Does anyone else feel like this weekend just flew
by?! Every weekend feels short, of course, but this one in particular felt like
it was gone before I had a chance to blink.
On Friday, my mom and a neighbor came into the city to
meet me & the neighbor’s daughter, who works just down the street from me.
We went to the
Hirshhorn to see a
special exhibit that’s there now, and then we
went to dinner at the
Lebanese Taverna in Pentagon Row. That was a new
experience for me – I’d never had Lebanese food before! It was… interesting.
Not entirely sure that’s really my thing – but I did enjoy the fresh bread,
hummus, and sangria! After we got home, my parents came over and we watched the
hockey game. The Caps came THIS CLOSE to pulling off a win… no such luck
though. Sigh. I ended up staying up until almost 1:30 AM – I was caught up
reading
Catching Fire!
That’s right – the Hunger Games has
sucked me in. I’m getting ready to start reading
Mockingjay now. I don’t know why I refused to read these books at
first, but I’m so glad I was finally convinced to jump in! I’ve officially
joined the bandwagon. No turning back now!
On Saturday, we slept in, and then I went to one of my
favorite
Les Mills classes at the gym – Body Flow! It’s a combination of yoga,
tai chi, and Pilates, and it is such a great workout! Somewhat low-key and
soothing, but really intense at the same time. After I got home, C and I headed
out to run some errands. We decided to invite my parents over for a St. Patty’s
Day bbq, and found some great steaks at the grocery store! After coordinating with
them and stopping by C’s parents’ house to say hi for a bit, we headed home to
complete our major project for the weekend: decorating our bedroom!
I’m a bit ashamed to say this, but we’ve lived in our
house for over eight months now, and I haven’t hung one single thing up in our
bedroom – the walls are completely bare! I find this task a bit daunting,
because I have lots of ideas, but I’m afraid to commit to anything for fear
that I won’t like it a week later! I finally made some decisions, and we got
down to business. C mounted a couple of shelves for me on one wall, and hung up
a three-part painting that my sister did for us on another. We knocked out both
tasks in about an hour, and I’m really pleased with how it looks! Such a huge
difference. I’m so lucky to have a
personal handyman who is willing to put up with my indecisiveness and constant
requests for “just another inch to the left… no, no, a little more center… not
perfectly aligned…” and so on. I should have just walked away and let him do
it! No matter, in the end, he did great, and we are both happy with the
results!
 |
| Measuring away |
 |
| "Make sure you get a picture of this.. perfectly level!" -C |
 |
| Shelf-hanging master |
 |
| Work in progress, hence the empty wedding frame... oops. |
 |
| Pretty painting that my sister made. Love it! |
My parents and a friend came over for our bbq, and we sat
outside on our back porch drinking black & tans, grilling, and enjoying the
gorgeous weather! Who’s ever heard of spending St. Patrick’s Day outside in 75*
weather? Not this girl, that’s for sure. We had a fun night though!
 |
| C & mom experiment as bar tenders |
 |
| Success! |
 |
| My St. Pat's drink of choice... wrong culture. |
Yesterday, C & I slept in again (we must have been
really worn out from the last week!) and then had a lunch date at
Zoës and ran
a few more errands that we’d skipped on Saturday. We spent the afternoon watching
(or trying to watch… meh) the movie
Hanna
– but neither of us really enjoyed it. Netflix fail. Oops! I was feeling super lazy, but reminded myself that any workout is better than no workout and that I needed to get up and out!
 |
| Any is better than none. [source] |
Laced up my tennis shoes & I ran to the gym
(literally! And forgot my sunscreen – whoops) and took an abs/core class with my
mom, then went back to her house and helped her with grading some projects for
a bit. C & I had a quick dinner before he was off to his flag football game
(spring season has already begun!) and I spent the evening cleaning and doing
some laundry. We crashed almost as soon as he got home last night, and Monday
morning was here again before we knew it! Like I said before, this weekend
absolutely flew by!
It’s been a busy day around the office so far, but I have
had time to do ONE thing that was highly important… pre-ordered tickets to see
the Hunger Games movie on Saturday! C read the book last week as well, and
while he didn’t love it as much as I did, admitted that he thinks it will be a
cool movie – so we are the proud owners of two tickets, and will report back on
how good it is sure to be!!
No comments :
Post a Comment